Commonwealth Informatics: Principal Consultant
Work for a small consulting and software development company as a member of a group designing and implementing strategies for our analytic products, including system configuration, integration, data management and transfer, application configuration, infrastructure deployment, and environment validation.
Commonwealth Informatics is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Support Commonwealth Informatics clients through the: selection, configuration, deployment, validation and ongoing operational use of CW software solutions.
- Develop data migration and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes to support the integration of customer data into our systems, and to enhance Commonwealth’s off the shelf data offerings.
- Work with clients to determine and document project requirements, collaborating with medical professionals, business analysts, and IT professionals.
- Guide the design, integration and implementation of interfaces to optimize performance and capacity
- Collaborate with the IT and Service teams to support the specification, configuration, deployment and management of scalable, highly available, compliant applications and services on the AWS (or other cloud hosting provider) platform.
- Mitigate and manage architecture and infrastructure risks
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others.
- Work in compliance with company and client SOPs, emphasis on HIPAA rules and regulations.
You should have a Bachelor of Science degree or higher. In lieu of completed degree, we will consider candidates with exceptional experience, skills and qualifications.
Required skills and qualifications
You will have:
- 5+ years experience with information management systems, or MS degree and 3+ years.
- A strong job history of client-facing work in a consulting or technical support role.
- Resourcefulness to analyze unexpected problems and identify practical solutions. A wide degree of creativity and judgement is expected.
- Demonstrated proficiency and at least 1 year of experience with four or more of the following:
- Design, development and operation of ETL applications
- Clinical data management
- Linux and bash shell
- SQL and Pl/Sql
- Postgres RDBMS
- Oracle RDBMS
- Drug safety applications
- Software Development Lifecycle
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Linux system basic administration
- PostgreSQL basic database administration
- Software development experience
- Bash scripting
- Database optimization
- Epidemiological or pharmacovigilance experience
- Signal detection and Signal management
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org