Commonwealth Informatics: Public Health Informatics Group job opening.
Senior Consulting Software Developer
Work for a small consulting and software development company as a member of a group supporting a number of open source and proprietary data management and analytic software products. Design, implement and support client operation of integrated data systems for public health data reporting and analysis, primarily utilizing Electronic Health Records data. The position is with the Public Health Informatics group.
Commonwealth Informatics is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply
In collaboration with colleagues and clients, or working independently, you will:
- Work with clients to determine and document project requirements.
- Design systems based on client needs and using supported open-source free-license software.
- Depending on client requirements, develop and code using a variety of formal and informal software development process flows.
- Implement systems from initial installation through testing and production.
- Maintain and update operational systems per client requirements.
- Generate project documentation as required by client.
- Work in compliance with company and client SOPs, emphasis on HIPAA rules and regulations.
You should have a Bachelor of Science degree or higher. In lieu of completed degree, we will consider candidates with exceptional experience, skills and qualifications.
Required skills and qualifications
You will have:
- 3+ years of experience as a Java developer, or MS degree and 1+ years.
- A currently valid federal background investigation with at least a determination of suitability or eligibility to work in public trust or sensitive positions.
- A strong job history of client-facing work in a consulting or technical support role.
- Demonstrated proficiency and at least 1 year of experience with the following:
- SQL and Postgres or Oracle RDBMS
- Web application implementation and support
- Standard healthcare terminology systems (LOINC, SNOMED, CPT, ICD, NDC, etc).
- One or more Electronic Health Record systems
Preferred skills and qualifications
You will have the skills listed above, plus experience with any of the following:
- Server installation and basic administration (Windows or Linux)
- Work experience in a HIPAA regulated industry
- Familiarity with Linux and the bash shell.
- Shell scripting
- Epidemiological or pharmacovigilance experience
- One or more HL7 standards
- Git version control system
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org